Paul R. Brown Leadership Academy Head of Academy Job Description
Paul R. Brown Leadership Academy, a military based college preparatory charter school, is seeking a Head of the Academy to be their strategic leader for the next ten years and beyond. Our Academy, emphasises individual development and individual success through self sacrifice and hard work. As such, the Head of Academy must not only embrace the military ethos of courage, commitment, candor, care, and character, but must be able to stand in the shoes as a military leader and lead not only the administration and the faculty, but, most importantly, the Corps of Cadets -- the reason for the Academy's very existence. It is not enough that the Head of Academy wear a uniform, but the Head must be able to walk-the-walk and talk-the-talk without the hint of personal self-importance. Rather, the uniform, the rank, and the title must personify the Academy and its charges. Lastly, being a soldier is not enough, the Head must personally embody the principles of Paul R. Brown Leadership Academy in everything he or she undertakes.
Leading Change: The Head of Academy must possesses the skills and strategy to quickly turn around the academic programming and overall learning culture of the Academy while sharing Paul R. Brown Leadership Academy’s values, mission and vision.
Mission: The mission of Paul R. Brown Leadership Academy is to serve its students through a commitment to excellence in an education that serves today, tomorrow, and the future by providing an academically rich program that encompasses all skill sets for life: reading, communication, critical and creative thinking, problem solving, work ethic, integrity, physical wellness, and leadership.
Key Position Outcomes:
* Uphold and advance the Mission of Paul R. Brown Leadership Academy.
* Be the public school of choice in the Southeast for families who seek a disciplined, college and career ready high school education, securing the most talented teachers and maintaining full annual enrollment.
* A safe and secure military focused learning environment that implements our four pillars that the academy is built on Academics, Character, Discipline, and Athletics with fidelity to prepare all students for the college or career of their choice.
* A school culture focused on respect for self and others through self-motivation, self-discipline, self-leadership and self-reliance and that offers impactful learning opportunities for adults and students.
* An exceptional score on local or state developed parent and teacher satisfaction ratings.
* Lead an academically rich academic program that will exceeds growth annually while receiving local and state academic accolades.
* Meets or exceeds set annual financial goals.
* Accurate and timely reporting that communicates with clarity the health of the organization, key strategies and school improvement initiatives that exceed the organization’s goals.
* Grow a sustainable, healthy and high performing Board of Directors.
* Legal compliance for all Federal, State and Local regulations.
* Procurement of maximum charter renewal terms.
Education and Leadership Qualifications
* Master’s degree required; Master’s degree in Education or School Administration preferred with current license.
* Significant experience in a military environment; officer ranking preferred.
* Significant experience with serving at-risk youth highly preferred.
* Experience in instructional leadership and strategic development preferred.
* Experience in recruiting and developing talent, creating a highly effective and healthy organization.
* Public charter school experience preferred.
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Spanish preferred.
* Respect and cultivation of diversity within the school community.
* Maintain clear, proactive, and effective communication with all stakeholders.
* Demonstrate self-leadership skills.
Please email completed application package to email@example.com including:
* Resume including last three supervisory references
* Current licenses or certification
* Cover letter
* Special Project (Introduction Video (five minute cap) demonstrating how your personality will best serve the Paul R. Brown Community.
Notification of receipt of completed application will be sent via email. References will not be contacted without prior notification.
Paul R. Brown Leadership Academy does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, or disability.